Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Friday, January 4, 2008

Oh What a Mess I'm In!

So got back on New Year's Eve and made my resolutions prayed at Midnight after taking communion. New Year's Day brought more opening of gifts and then dinner with friends. It was a pleasant time and all but Jack watched Ratatoulle and laughed together. After the gang left Jenna had more gifts for us and during that time I discovered that my camera had been broken. Someone no doubt dropped it or knocked it off and put it back where it was. I had no recollection of anyone using it or touching it after the earlier pictures we had taken. I was everywhere though and not in perfect attendance of my guests while the movie got started. I know almost all got up to use the restroom at some point but nothing points to any one. One is 14 and prone to mess with stuff but still I cannot accuse just because of that! So, even if I pinned the person down no one has money and they don't even own a camera themselves so what use to follow up I thought...? So I accepted the loss and Jenna taped the camera to hold it together and it is useable so far if taped. Just after making resolve to not spend using credit...tricky devil. I still am not paid for the camera "lost" by a person using it for church business who had a past of dealing with theft on occasion. I do not say he did it on purpose but I do think that he has a nice new digital camera now and I once in awhile get a small payment on the camera. He still owes me $137. So then I realize this is not only a trial but a test. Take a breath, forgive, and move on... Jenna and I wanted to go to a movie after Jack was to go to bed so we checked it out. I love the story of "Nessie" so Water Horse is appealing to me and shot in Scotland to boot. We had to deliver some kitty litter to PW as she left it in Jenna's car earlier. When we pulled up to her house it was dark. I had already turned off my phone and told Jack when we would return to the movie so I had turned his off too as he was in bed. (He does know how to turn it on.)
She pulled her car up to a huge snowbank and got out with the litter and disappeared behind the snowbank. I saw her get closer to the house, turned and looked ahead. After a few moments I turned and looked. No lights on the porch yet and no sign of a figure between me and the house but I couldn't see the sidewalk only the steps area going up to the porch. A little longer and I was wondering if she was talking to Pam or what??? Could she be hurt? About then I heard a thump and crying. I quickly opened the passenger door and saw a horrible sight. Jenna was cut open on her forehead and bleeding everywhere. Her shirt, coat, face, hands were full of blood and she was crying that her head hurt. I helped her into the car and raced around to the drivers seat and began praying outloud all the way to the E.R. I pulled into the unload zone and grabbed a wheelchair and helped her into it. She looked bad and moaned that her head hurt as she held her head. I got nurses and the night was off to a snails pace. The doctor, perhaps German, who is on for a rotation of 4 months at Reedsburg came in and examined her saying she would be fine, just fine. I called Pam and told her that 40 pounds of kitty litter was on her sidewalk and what had happened. She felt terrible so I gave her the job of calling for prayer back-up. Amberly called next and had heard so I gave her a 20 second run down then I called Pastor who drove right down for an hour or so. They gave her a Tordal shot for pain, a cat scan to discover if anything is broken or crushed and 4 stitches in her forehead. At last just before midnight we went home. Jimmy and Amberly came to see us and he took my car keys to move my car so I could drive hers up to the house to get her in. He was just finishing up when we pulled in so helped us in. It was a long night. Ice packs on the head front and back and wake her up for pain layering meds every 3 hours not that she slept a lot or me for that matter. The next day she discovered her knee was swollen a lot and hurt to walk on that left leg. Black and blue marks ensued and by golly swelling in the eyes came so bad this morning that her eyes were not able to see very well and actually her glasses got abused badly in the fall and will not be useable so new glasses are in order. A friend in church is going to buy her a new set of glasses. What a blessing! So we walk this out one day at a time. Working is out of the question as is applying for jobs until she gets back to normal. I could tell you a lot more about how everyone still expects her to do the same service jobs until they actually see her then they back off. Wheew! I am taking care of two invalids again. I wonder what I did to bring this on??? IT may be good for me in the long run huh? Whew! Poor Jenna. Poor Jack. Poor Me!

No comments: