Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Friday, January 11, 2008

Another Week to Heal!

She (Jen) is a bit better and I am buried in the mess of our life. All I have done is care for folks and try to do my jobs in between. AAAAARGGH! I wish I were more able to handle the deal but it stresses me. Mom talks to me and says "You sound like you are handling it just fine. You don't sound stressed." She thinks stressed is a total nervous breakdown. (I am into faithful but the stress is huge at times...) No way...How in the world am I to sound? Must my voice go higher and I begin to stutter or must I randomly cry??? Oh no that is not me I just keep on trying until I find myself in someone's garden picking peaches to eat from my car on the way to nowhere. Blah!
So last night was the Tom Stamman meeting. My writers all bailed on me due to personal issues and weather. It was a fantastic night with many people there. Lines were on all sides of the room for various things. I was so excited! I found others to write and the chili cooked merrily away downstairs to be consumed by 30-40 people later. It went well and I was in bed by 2 AM after shoveling the walk so we didn't get a fine. It has not snowed here again and Dave brought Peggy this morning and scooped a bunch more. I am surrounded by immature and unreliable Christians who are struggling to learn and grow but...the old demons keep rising up and making them think a certain way. Joyce Meyer's book "The Battlefield of the Mind" should really be required reading for every Christian that wants to grow and learn and become all that Christ wants us to be. I really enjoyed last night and had the opportunity to clean off about 8 cars from 3 inches of wet heavy snow while the drivers sat eating chili in the basement. Fun! My body slept like a baby (up every couple hours but never fully awake) and it was a good night.
I am overjoyed to be here for the weekend. I like how S is fixing up the house. Jackie was here cleaning today. S has a big heart and wants to help those she knows who need it badly. J does clean hard and will paint as well. I brought along magazines and notebooks to use to build my plan for the year. I am investing in my own future and putting incentives into picture and word form so I can go back and encourage myself. Oh, and by the way I have done pretty well at not spending a lot this week. I stopped and got stuff for Chicken soup to fix tomorrow with brown rice and veggies. I am just very tired and feel the need to heal and rest while working. At least I am serving kids here and they are more loving and simpler than adults. That part is a plus for me. I loved my life with my kids for the most part taking away the really tough sick times. It was the best of times. Taking care of Karah and Metrie is like that. Jordan is a bit harder. She so needs one on one with mom or a loving adult. Lewcie is doing fine but is quite a tom-boy much like Jessi Lynn was.
Oh funny. I met a man with a 3 year old chocolate lab who is named Jessica Lynn! I laughed hard! He has his hands full for another year at least. Yesterday was dog day for me. After getting a lot of disappointments from my workers I said I thought I liked dogs better than people so I had to call Turk an Irish Wolfhound, Pam a Golden, Gail a Chihuahua and Peggy a Shepherd. When asked what I am I said " A big Great Dane"! Then the whole night was about dogs... some guy came from Illinois that manufactured Doggie Bites the healthiest dog treat in America according to CNN Interview. He donates $10 out of each sale to support a kid in Tom's Feeding Centers in Guatamala, Honduras, Peru, someplace in Africa and also in India. Go Tom and Go Doggie Bites! Wish it had been my idea! I love my doggies but I too want to fight injustice and help the starving kids have full tummies, stay alive and find JESUS!

No comments: