Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a day!

I slept less than usual last night due to a toy I left in Tisha's room. About 3 AM she woke up and began playing with a musical electronic toy and S couldn't sleep so she went in and took away the toy. We had a tantrum that lasted over an hour and sleep was elusive til she quit.

Morning came as usual and the schedule was unchanged. Up and off to the chiro I went. Breakfast with Jenna and Jack who had cards and tokens for me. I had some for then as well so it was good. Then raced back to work as more kids were to arrive.

Yeah! Good to see Nary and Metrie. Edward was cute but wayyyyyy spoiled and he and Tish are like oil and water at times. Tish doesn't like competition. So their mom was to get off at 5 PM but here it is 11PM and I just got back from delivering them. Lots of delays for her to get off work then no ride home so eventually I delivered the kids to Wendy's on the South side as she didn't really want to go home herself so took the kids and I made my way home with Tish.

Karah is off at a friends for the night. Well, bad enough I am dead tired and my eyes feel full of glue but on the way home hit traffic from the Alliant Energy Center then a fire at a factory on E. Wash and then the darn gate fell apart again. I had to fix it to let the dog out in the pitch dark. GRRRRR! No, WAAAAAh!

I am so ready to sleep and forget doing homework. I am so done. Dog has been out. The cake is made and frosted with Kool Whip and the house is destroyed and the sink is full of dishes. I just needed to blog before I start cleaning up and getting my sorry self into bed. Tish is down. She actually slept all the way in the car. Oh and did I mention the van hadn't been run since Christmas vacation and no seats were in so I had to install all. Not my cuppa.

So basically tonight was an effort in patience and fortitude. I will live but sometimes I wonder what is up with the stuff that happens to me? Got a clue leave a comment.

1 comment:

Jennalu said...

My dear, this reminds me of somethings I face that have a bit different color to them, but when it rains, it pours! We can look back and smile and then cry and sigh! The bright side, when you wake up tomorrow, a new day! Blessings dear one!