Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Showered!

We had a wonderful time with Jamie Lockhart and Jessica Larson at their shower duet. Both are about to bless me with boy grandbabies in the next few months. Peggy threw a shower at S's home and it was fun! It was attended by a lovely group of ladies and they came armed with lovely gifts. I felt especially loved somehow in the midst of it all. I appreciated the gifts given for the "boys" and the blessings that came with the abundant gifts.
We had many kids at the shower as this home is always full of kids and they are so appreciated and bring joy to all of us even in their most frustrating times.
I was most blessed with being able to see my two daughters for the weekend. Actually I had to share them as others were just as tickled to see them. Jamie with her big baby belly and Jessi Lynn who is skinny as a racing rabbit. Just hugging them felt so good and the time after the shower with Mike and Jessica hanging out eating Pizza with S and Eliana and the girls was just special! Ihovered at the edge because it made my heart happy to just gaze on them all together. Wish I and A had been there with the kids and Lance too. Well, not to go on and on but then a couple days ago I got some lovely pictures to choose from online of Beck and Evie. Sigh what is a gramma to do? Just enjoy them when I can I guess.
The more messy areas of my life fade to the back when I am able to just sink into any moment with my kids and their families and spouses. Jack enjoyed them all too even though it is hard for him to be away from the doll house as it makes him nervous. It was a good time!

No comments: