Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Friday, February 15, 2008

Day after V day! Ruminations...

Okay so I am game for a V-day with few surprises. I got 7 inches of snow that was 3 more than predicted...Jenna shoveled a lot. She also tried to clean and help me rearrange even though she was short on energy after all that snow. We had rented The Holiday from V market to watch but it took us so long to do the work that it was late and we lost Jack to sleep and sheep and then Jenna had a headache and went to Petersons to sleep as Daisy is hers this week. So I watched it alone. Then because I had not gotton it all cleaned up in the bedroom after rearraging I had to sleep in the recliner. I ate chocolate and brownies and Pizza and salad and still today I am eating candy at S's and white bread biscuits. I have to get over it I tell you. I am housebound and concerned about 5-6 really serious things and eating seems to happen every so often and too often. I need Spring bad.
So Jack went out with me to get his B-12 shot and then PW gave him $5 so he could get me a Valentine at V market. It was nice. He is often normal and a good man resembling who I married but then once in a while I wonder just who this man is. (You can get his story from him on a good day filled with old wives tales and interesting speculations about women in general and some just meant for me.) I will just smile and say "Get used to it".
The shower for Amberly is this Sunday and guess how much snow is predicted for that day? Just cannot believe it but they have said 10" and above. I hope this is just not going to happen. All the work and fretting I have put in getting ready for this massive baby shower. Now I just hope people show! Well, with 60 invited maybe we will get a normal sized group if it is possible to drive at all. We will have to eat a lot of cake if it is a bust...gotta love the melodrama of it all.
Winter is now old if you ask me.Today I wish I was on an island with sand, sun, shade (and no spiders), a good book, a cool drink and a breeze. Oh Yeah! No shoes, no shirt and no problems...just me and my swimsuit and sunblock. What kind of fantasy is this? Winter in Wisconsin Fantasy! Oh Yeah!

No comments: