Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day at Mom and John's

We managed to get here when the turkey was done and the meal nearly on the table. Yeah! S had to go pick up kids and I gave Tisha a bath and got the house cleaned up  and Jack ready to go while she was gone. So the freezing rain did not keep us from coming but ... Jenna did text and tell me there is ice in Reedsburg and a possibility of a flash flood tomorrow. Weather keeps us hemmed in on all sides. So I will try to go home in the morning. I have much to do and later tomorrow it seems we are to get 3" of snow. I want to make it back down to spend time with Mike, Jessica and Eliana and have a proper celebration with food and gifts. I love this big computer that mom got because of Macular Degeneration. Mom has trouble now seeing faces and can still read but only with large print books and then a magnifier and good light. What a trial!
We  ate and skyped Jamie. Later Ira and Ashley arrived at Jamie's place with Evie and we skyped with them as well. They are on the way to S.C. for a week on the waterfront with family. I hope it is pleasant. Beck was riding with Gramma Honey.  I miss family so much and even though I am making the best of being snowbound and kept close by financial concerns it is still my heart's desire to be with my children and enjoy them at holiday time. Jessi, Jamie and Lance, Ira and Ash plus the two babies and then Mike, Jessica and Eliana. Sigh but now that I have said it again I will go forward bravely and with joy. My life connection lesson for Sunday is on Courage. I need to keep on keeping on. Bless you all.

1 comment:

Jennalu said...

Blessings dear friend!! I love you!!