Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I am beginning a project!

I love to do projects and I am lining them up right now! I bought material at JoAnne Fabrics for 5 aprons! But that aside, I have begun a new project and CSI will just have to take 2nd place for awhile. Ever since the job at the church has become passe I have been frozen. Add to that the actual diagnosis of Dementia for my husband and I am just in a zone. I don't really have any friends to do anything with that is unrelated to my 'daily grind' life. I love coming to Madison and working for S, it takes me out of the smallness of my life but it still has some fierce limitations. I was made to travel and pop in on folks and investigate little shops and do projects alone and with others. I miss scrapbooking at Judy's. The delight I used to take in packing up and driving there over hill and dale, unloading and immersion began. The day passed, I may have gotton stiff from concentrated efforts but no matter. Lunch was always special and the limited social ambiance was perfect for me. Touches to and from others but no one absorbing me. Sigh!
I have need of diversion and of expression of my talents. Church calls for some of my talents and living with others calls on others, serving and teaching are indeed wonderful things to do. I do not regret this time spent but oh how I want to dance in the creativity of my soul. So...I have said all this to tell you that I purchased a huge funny looking scrapbook album with a frivolous picture of a thin woman in a car on the front and it is to put my desires and likes and tastes in with some poetry and prose in between. Dogs to Dishrags it will be me! So I challenge any readers who get to a place of unrest to do this very thing. You do not need a special format just follow your heart and collect many magazines to peruse and cut to smithers. My advice is to do two at once. The kitchen and the heart if they are somewhat seperated. I am gathering all the recipes that sound like they would taste wonderful or benefit my friends and putting them in a 2nd album. Joy is creating this. I wish I could teach this as a class for boosting creativity and finding out what direction to go next. It helped me in the past when I was frozen or discontented and I am awaiting the curtain to rise this time also! Happy creating to us all, God made us in His image and He is the best at creation! Aprons and books or potroasts and curtains, it is all the same...just begin and flow in the direction it takes you! Yeah!

No comments: