Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Friday, March 28, 2008

Sometimes I just don't get it...

So a gal I have been mentoring for awhile has just committed fraud and I know about it. She will pay for what she has done but she is bluffing her way through to appear as if she did nothing but believe wrong information. I have listened to her and to the facts and see that she is not telling the truth. I want her to have to suffer the consequences of her choices. Why? Not to be cruel but so she will accept the responsibility of her own heart's evil. We all have to do that in the process of getting over being religious and becoming a true follower of Christ.
The humbling of a person is the sometimes only way to get rid of the pride that tells us we are entitled no matter who we hurt or what law we break. I am so sad but Jesus is the only one who can get through to her in the dark night of her private innermost thoughts and dealings with God. Once we see who we are in our own strength then He has a chance to change us into His likeness. But only by clinging to Him through it all. I cannot get out of my consequences either. God has me under His personal plan of refining. But this? What bugs me most is this lady is smart enough to have known she couldn't get away with this obvious act of fraud. So I don't get it....maybe it is so I will look harder at my own senseless acts of desperation.

No comments: