Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Friday, November 14, 2008

Decisions with Lasting Results

I chose to stay home with my children. I chose to be the one who influenced and cared for them. Yes, I was okay with sending them out to a pre-school when they were 3 or 4 but really I wanted to help them learn and laugh and love each other. Was it successful? The proof is in the pudding. I have diverse but intelligent and vibrant adult kids. They have each found a direction for their lives. We did day care instead of me going out to work when they were younger. I did work part-time for a long time when they were older and that worked out so I still got plenty of input. I even became the youth director at our church in order to make certain my youngest and his buddy got the right influence.

I encourage folks to do what will be best for their kids even if it seems a hardship for a time. I am still paying for the choice I made but it is a small price for turning out good, responsible adults who know who Jesus is and want to serve Him. If I had made more money my social security would be bigger now and my life would be a bit smoother but golly gee whiz I think I did the right thing over all.

So the decisions we make have lasting results. I encourage you to think carefully about what you are choosing. Every day we make decisions that have effects for a long time. After I am dead some of my choices may still be showing good results. That rocks!

Of course struggling financially is a real concern but I serve a big God and things will turn around soon. At the very least I know I chose the better part.

I have posted pictures of these results. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennalu said...

Lynda-you have done well raising your children!! I am blessed to know them, as I do, in their adulthood! I praise God for you and the love you have given me! Thank you!!