Dylan Thomas

Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, prickle, be silent, makes your toenails twinkle, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in the unknown world, that you bliss and suffering is forever shared and forever all your own. - Dylan Thomas

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tasha Tudor has Passed from this Life.

I did not know until today when I was catching up with fellow bloggers. Wednesday last she passed away and I know the world has lost a creative and idependent artist. Tasha wrote books, made marionettes, loved Welsh Corgis and lived independently in her old age.

She has a lasting place in my list of older people that I revere and strive to be like. I do not know what she believed but do know she lived a life of creativity and joy. For that I will try to emulate in my declining years. She went barefoot and lived among her dogs and relics enjoying her family to the last.

She passed away Wednesday, June 18, 2008 and would have been 93 in August on the 28th. If you want to see her work please look her up on Amazon. She wrote various children's books which she illustrated and I own her pictoral book of her home and life in Vermont.

No comments: